Don P. Palermo focuses his practice on plaintiffs personal injury, including Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA), automobile accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, traumatic brain injuries, burn injuries, premises liability, and wrongful death cases. After graduating from law school, Don clerked for a judge on the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County before entering private practice. Don was a partner in a Philadelphia law firm that litigated FELA cases.
Don was on the Board of Directors of the Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys, and is licensed to practice law in the United States Supreme Court, the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, the Supreme Court of New Jersey, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the United States District Court for New Jersey. Don is a member of the State Bar of Pennsylvania, the Delaware County Bar Association, the State Bar of New Jersey, the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, and the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association.
Don has appeared on local radio channels to discuss various legal issues, and has lectured at area universities on the legal system. Don has also written an article discussing internet privacy as it relates to personal injury cases that was published in two state trial lawyer magazines as well as a national publication for attorneys.
Don has successfully represented hundreds of clients over his twenty year legal career in federal and state courts in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, New York, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Florida, Georgia, and Illinois, and has recovered substantial verdicts and settlements, including:
- $6,350,000.00 settlement for a motorcyclist who collided with a package delivery truck in Pennsylvania
- $6,000,000.00 settlement for a railroad electrician who suffered burn injuries in an explosion in Ohio
- $1,390,000.00 settlement for a signal maintainer who suffered a back injury in New Jersey
- $1,020,000.00 settlement for a motorcyclist who collided with a motor vehicle in Delaware
- $800,000.00 settlement for a railroad train attendant who injured her foot at work in Florida
- $800,000.00 settlement for a trackman struck by a train in Ohio
- $750,000.00 verdict for a railroad engineer with carpal tunnel syndrome in Pennsylvania
- $600,000.00 settlement for a woman whose automobile was struck by a package delivery truck in Pennsylvania
- $600,000.00 settlement for a pedestrian struck by an oil truck in Pennsylvania
- $600,000.00 verdict for a railroad trackman with arthroscopic knee surgeries in Pennsylvania
- $525,000.00 settlement for an engineer injured in a derailment in Delaware
- $475,000.00 settlement for a railroad engineer who injured his neck and shoulder in New Jersey
- $450,000.00 settlement for a tractor trailer driver who injured his neck and shoulder at work in New Jersey
- $250,000.00 settlement for a railroad police officer with a knee injury in Pennsylvania
- $215,000.00 settlement for a railroad engineer with head and neck cancer from exposure to diesel fumes and exhaust in Pennsylvania
- $167.500.00 settlement for a railroad engineer with head neck and cancer from exposure to diesel fumes and exhaust in Pennsylvania